Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1.Some of the babies are sold while young and still hand feeding, therefore, a 50% NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required to hold a baby until it is weaned. Orders are on a first come first served basis , your deposit or full payment will secure the oldest available baby or babies, All deposits are applied to the final invoice.
2.Final payment, including shipping charges, are due no later than 10 business days prior to the agreed shipping date. Failure to tender final payment or accept delivery or cancellation of an order before the baby bird or birds are weaned will result in the cancellation of your order and forfeiture of your deposit unless other arrangements are made.
3.If required by your state, a health certificate is available at an additional cost of $35.
4.DNA sexing is also available at an additional cost of $30. We do DNA sexing only upon the request, we don't like to put our babies under any stress.
5.LIVE DELIVERY IS GUARANTEED. Any claim must be substantiated by the carrier's exception report sent the same day the shipment is received and the bird's closed leg band must accompany this report.
6.All of our birds come with a complete written Health Guarantee. We guarantee that there are no symptoms of disease or parasites at the time of sales/shipping and that our birds are completely healthy. This means that our birds are free of viral infections, pathogenic bacterial infections, fungal infections and congenital defects. We do not consider a slight growth of gram negative bacteria post-shipping to be disease but recognize that this is a stress-related reaction to being shipped.
- Should the buyer have any concerns about their baby birds health or condition upon collection, the buyer is encouraged to have the bird(s) examined by a licensed avian veterinarian of his/her choice within 3 days from the time of delivery to verify the health of the bird(s). If, during this period, the bird(s) are found to have a condition which seriously affects their health or well-being as determined by the examining veterinarian, Best Birds Aviary agrees, at it's discretion and once the bird(s) have been returned, to either refund to buyer the full purchase price or replace said bird(s) with bird(s) of the same species, sex (if known) and approximate age.
- After the stated 3 day period after delivery, then buyer understands and agrees that the sale is one of "as is" condition.
- Hand feeding babies will only be sold to those experienced in the care and rearing of baby birds and are sold "as is".
- Please contact us by phone or email to reserve your baby and confirm availability. We accept certified checks & money orders made payable to Best Birds as well as, wire transfers, credit card payments and payment through Paypal.
- Purchase made within the state of Florida will be charged actual sales tax.
- References from avian veterinarians and past customers are available upon request.
Please feel free to e-mail or call us with ANY questions or concerns you may have.